1. IsItUp can generate many report types including a report designed to give both detailed and summary information. The report consists of the uptime/downtime and the percent availability of all the devices monitored. To get started, select the Uptime/Downtime report from the report tab.
2. The introductory screen will be displayed. This screen give a brief description of the report. If you prefer not to see the introductory screen each time you run the report, just click on the "Don't show again" check box.
3. The Select Time Range screen allows you to select the date/time range for the report. You can choose from seven preconfigured ranges or specify a specific time range. The Start time and End time edit boxes contain the range of data in the Eventlog when the screen is first displayed.
4. Select the specific devices you wish to report on or all the devices. You can select the devices by groups or device types. Convenient check all and clear all buttons are provided.
5. IsItUp may not test a device for several reasons. You may have a scheduled maintenance period for the device. Alternatively, the device may be down due to a dependency on an upstream device that is down. Finally, you may have simply disabled testing. The times a device was in each of these states affects the uptime/downtime availability calculations. Here you select how to handle each of these situations. Lastly, you can select the type of report. You can generate a detailed report that logs every period of uptime or downtime or you can generate a summary.
6. Click on the Finish button to generate the report. If the database is very large, it may take a considerable amount of time for the report to run. Once the report is complete, the default browser will be launched to display the report.